THE Z TO G TASTING
Okay, let’s play the alphabet soup game this week with an eclectic grouping of vowels and consonants from a sterling collection of wines to sample this week.
We’ll start of with a Chardonnay from ZD, where they really know how to work oak and then welcome the approaching summer with an Oregon Acrobat Rose of Pinot Noir.
We’ll stay in Oregon with a delicious Planet Oregon Pinot Noir, then move south with a 92-rated Sebastiani Secolo blend, a Press Cellars Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon and finish with a luscious G Zinfandel from the Stagecoach Vineyards on Atlas Peak.
Please join us and bring your spellchecks.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, March 21st, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, March 22nd, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Featuring the “Z to G” Tastings
This weekends selections: $15.00
ZD Chardonnay 2012 ($29.99 During Tasting)
- Bright forward aromas of guava and tropical fruit are complemented by subtle hints of orange blossom and sweet vanilla. The palate is full bodied and lush with notes of pineapple, mandarin and lemon rind.
Acrobat Oregon Rose of Pinot Noir 2011 ($7.49 During Tasting)
- With a rush of summer fruit this is a great starter wine for those seeking to see what a well-crafted Rose can offer. Sweet, but not too sweet.
Planet Oregon Pinot Noir 2012 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- A delicious young Pinot Noir that is fresh, silky and suggestive of Oregon summer fruits… cherries and berries of all kinds.
Sebastiani Secolo Sonoma Red 2007 ($29.99 During Tasting)
- A Bordeaux-styled blend of 74% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Petite Verdot, 8% Malbec, 8% Merlot and1% Petite Sirah with flavors of gentle black cherry with notes of boysenberry and gentle oak. – 92 Pts WS
Press Cellars Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 ($42.99 During Tasting)
- Crafted from grapes grown n the high slopes of Napa Valley’s Howell Mountain, this cab has Patrick Campbell’s stamp all over it with a great balance of acidity and sugars after 30 months of aging in French oak.
G Stagecoach Vineyard Zinfandel 2011 ($38.99 During Tasting)
- Galvan Family Cellars produced this tasty zin from high-quality fruit grown on the south-facing, warm side of Atlas Peak that produces consistently high-quality fruit.
See you all this weekend!