“Spring into Summer Tasting”
Temperatures are soaring like it’s mid-August so let’s just skip the rest of spring and jump right into summer with a couple of old favorites back by popular request, a stunning, bargain-priced Brunello di Montalcino Riserva, an Oregon Pinot Noir and a couple of zesty red blends.
We’ll start off with the Casas del Bosque grapefruit-heavy Sauvignon Blanc that you loved so much as a refreshing opener and then go into the reds with a classy Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, the 96-point rated Terralsole Riserva and a deep Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon.
We’ll wrap up with a Napa Valley Bordeaux-style blend and another crazy Chronic Cellars Rhone-style blend. Please join your Beach Boy host, Bill Callahan, and sample this international mix of terrific wines.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, May 16th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, May 17th, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Featuring the “Let’s Go Exotic Tasting”
This weekends selections: $15.00
Casas del Bosque 2013 Sauvignon Blanc ($11.99 During Tasting)
- A blend of Sauvignon Blanc grapes from 9 to 19 year old vines offers intense notes of key lime, grapefruit and fresh ginger and a zesty taste of grapefruit.
Ponzi Tavola Pinot Noir 2011 ($21.99 During Tasting)
- Another Willamette Valley favorite featuring aromas of crushed cherry, spiced rose petal and a hint of toasted vanilla. The delicate mouth shows Italian plum with licorice and a velvety texture finishing bright with fine tannins.
Terrasole Brunello di Montalcino Riserva 2004 ($59.99 During Tasting)
- Ranked #31 in Wine Spectator’s Top 100 of 2010. “This changes all the time as you taste it, with aromas of dark fruit and porcini mushroom turning to cigar box and dried flowers. Really powerful and long. – 96 Points Wine Spectator
Casas del Bosque Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 ($13.49 During Tasting)
- Deep ruby red in color, on the nose this wine exhibits notes of dark cherry, plum and espresso bean. In the mouth ample flavors of cassis, cinnamon and nutmeg dominate. Rich with fine structure and a long finish.
Bad Boy Red 2007 ($30.99 During Tasting)
- This Bordeaux-style Napa Valley blend combines 40% Cabernet, 33% Cabernet Franc, 17% Merlot and 10% Petite Verdot creating dark cherry and ripe blackberry aromas in an elegant tannin structure.
Chronic Cellars Sofa King Bueno 2012 ($19.99 During Tasting)
- The crazy-label specialists have cranked out another Rhone-style blend winner of Syrah, Petite Sirah, Mourvedre, Grenache and Tannat that offers aromas of black and red fruits in a full-tannin wine with savory flavors.
See you all this weekend!